Somehow Diego got fleas. Yuck! So we had to take him to the vet, which we had been avoiding, since it is never cheap. We had an estimate of $370 this time, but we are terrible pet-parents and only did half of the things on the list. If Diego would stop sneaking out into the backyard, things would be easier and we wouldn't have to worry about him getting run over or catching wierd cat diseases from the neighbor cats. He's sneaky, though, and not all of our windows have screens. (Okay, he hasn't excaped out a window YET.) He lets JT "pet" him, which often involves a gentle tail-tug and pokes at the eyes and whiskers. And yes, JT still thinks "hi" means "cat".
Today we went to the doctor. JT is almost 24 pounds and almost 34 inches tall. (Diego is over 16 pounds and not very tall.) Unfortunately JT had to have some blood drawn to check his iron (since he doesn't eat meat) and a lead-screening (since we live in an older house). That was NOT fun. I had to hold him down and then I almost fainted. The lab tech had to carry me holding JT to the bed! I seem to have inherited my dad's faint-at-sight-of-blood-being-drawn-ness, I guess. As I told someone the other day, the worst part of the birth "experience" was the insertion of the I.V. (Most other parts have already been blocked out of my memory. This must be part of the biological design that allows women to agree to have more children. We also tend to look back and think, "those first 3 months without sleep weren't really that bad.") JT recovered fairly quickly and wanted to play with the bead table on the way out (giving me extra recovery time) before eating a banana and drinking some OJ from the cafeteria.
Breaking news! We won our soccer game tonight against the top-ranked team! I had several shots on goal, but the keeper was good and blocked them. Final score was 2-1.
JT stayed him with his papa, who put him to sleep by walking him in the backpack. Yeah for me-time!
1 comment:
did you know you can order pet meds (like Frontline for the hi) from Canada?
Post a Comment