Thursday, October 15, 2015

Thursday Night

Thursdays are soccer evenings. JT has soccer practice at 5:30. The other 2 kids come along and ride bikes, roll down the hill, play on the playground, etc. until 6:30 when we head over to another park where I have a game at 7. Mr. Burli picks JT up from his practice and brings him over and then he has a game at 8. I take the kids to eat after my game and we don't usually get home until 9.
So that is what Thursdays are like at the moment.
And then I log on to my hybrid (part online, part face-to-face) class and prepare for the next morning. And maybe I read an article or two or twenty on various news or not-exactly-news websites, depending on whether my friends on FB link to interesting new science stuff or if I think of something to research/look up (for example, I tried to find a Homo erectus blackboard skull cast on etsy but the company I bought a golden Ardipithecus from is no longer selling the skulls. I also tried to find the movie "The Lives of Others" on Netflix since a student recommended it, but it was unavailable, but that led me to look at what other German movies were there, and I also browsed etsy for other skull items....)

Anyways, that is that. Here are some pictures.
 Monday was a holiday - we went to the zoo. Always amazing, even if it was sweltering.
 Julian's friend and his brother were in a production of Cats. Phinny LOVED it! He now asks us to sing the songs pretty much every day.
The Titanic is morphing into a "clubhouse." I think Mt. Burli is avoiding the big project of making me a studio in the garage,

Okay, that is it for now. Still need to grade AND I just picked up an online class that starts Monday, and I have to get that started ... tomorrow??


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck with your classes--getting perspectives from both sides of the desk at once! What are you taking? Ever so cute kids there! The cats' makeup is phenomenal--I looked really hard at first thinking it was your two big'uns. The Mr is having too much fun on that project! Never a dull moment!
love, momsie

just jenn said...

aren't you always grading?! soccer night sounds busy, but fun. and i have the lives of others on blu-ray that i can lend you if you have a blu-ray player? (not sure why i ordered blu-ray; i think i have 2 of them total. the other one is the princess bride)