Project: Grow Stuff. Coming along! We have some bananas. Or we will have some eventually.
Project: Baseball. Completed! He claims he doesn't want to play anymore. I am not sure if it is the slow nature of the game or the fact that none of his friends are on his team. Next up is AYSO.
(And across from the baseball field is Chollas Lake with the birds.)
Project: Find something to wear to a 1920s Gala ..... Um, I bought 6 dresses at the thrift store (This one was $4. Everything was at least 50% off.) in the attempt to find something 1920-ish that might fit. I am going to try and revamp this. We'll see. It has huge shoulder pads and at first I thought it had a hood, then I realized it was this weird neck thing.
Project: jam. Kumquats from our friends. 4 pounds of them. Have you ever eaten a kumquat? It is very tart, then you keep chewing and it gets sweet. It is the weirdest fruit. I bought one for Chinese New Year and planted it in a pot (a dwarf tree). Now to experiment with some marmalade!
Project: read books. Um, I read some but I have already forgotten what they were. I wish I could access the list of books I've checked out over the years at the library. Doesn't the government have that info or something? I did read God Help the Child (Toni Morrison) but that was not my favorite and was not as good as some of her earlier works. I read Still Alice (Lisa Genova) a while ago. Did I mention that before? I would highly recommend it. I haven't seen the film yet. The book is heavy enough. I read some others .... but apparently the titles and even the content are lost to me (not early dementia, surely). Currently reading: I am Pilgrim (spy novel). I also have about 10 books on order at the library. Yeah, Summer!
(Oh, Project: Teach Things - that one is done! Last grades were submitted this morning!)
2 comments:
a cowl neck on the dress? with the drop waist/contrasting band, i can see this working. may need some fringe instead of shoulder pads though? tell j soccer>baseball anyhow. :)
I love reading your blogs. Happy Birthday to Seppi and Sammy.
Post a Comment