Someone woke me up around 5:30 in their quest to wake Papa up. (He didn't get up either.) Then the chicken started squawking at 6 (there is only one left, story another time), then there were yogurt parfaits at 7. I made a second breakfast around 10 and we played a round of "The Game of Things". Then Mr. Burli mentioned that we have "lemons enough to feed the pigs" (an old Austrian expression) and Sammy decided we needed to have a lemonade stand, so I put together this table, made lemonade, baked cookies (because you can't just have lemonade), scrounged up some cups, and helped out for the 3 hours he ran the stand (total earnings were $7.75). The day ended with a quick drive to our friends' house for dip in the pool and then frozen pizza for dinner!
What else is new around here? Cosmo reminds me of Bernie, the cat we had when I was a kid, who would scamper over the fence and onto the roof) - he is very friendly and loves to explore everywhere, especially high places.
We are at Balboa Park a lot these days. The carousel is from 1910.
You can still grab for the brass ring! (If you get an iron ring, you throw it is a clown's mouth.) JT got the brass ring once and won a free ride and his friend who came along got the brass ring the next time.
Sometime in March or early April Sammy discovered that he could read the Geronimo Stilton books and that he really liked reading them. The first week he read about 7 (and we had to go to the library twice). I think he has now read at least 30 of the books. (You will have to move your head, I forgot to fix the orientation on this one.) The top picture is a giant cat that was in the subway along with a large bag of Kitty Krunchies used to lure the cat out. I am not sure what is happening in the second picture.
It rained! I had a zoo trip scheduled and went anyways. It was great because most of the crowd stayed home. The flamingos seemed to enjoy a change of pace.
And the mama gorilla and her 4 month old were out!
Another day at Balboa Park....
I am hoping to make it through the semester in one piece. I have 2 more weeks at one school and 3 at the other. YEAH! This is what my day looks like tomorrow:
I have an assignment and a quiz to grade tomorrow and some lecture slides to spruce up and upload as well as final exam study guides to rewrite between/during/after my other activities: making lunches and breakfast, dropping kids off at school, volunteering at IRC in the morning, jogging after that, a quick shower and lunch, picking up the kids, getting Julian ready for his baseball game, dropping him off, going to Target to buy the baseball team snacks, back to the game to watch a little and distribute snacks, and then some kind of dinner to be made, kids to get ready for bed, dishes and lunchboxes to wash, etc. Where does the time go?
2 comments:
welp, hope you made it through the day! although i somehow suspect your summer will also be quite busy.
this post made me do a quick internet search for that house where bernie climbed to the roof - the inside's been updated a bit!
Thanks for facetime on such a busy Mother's Day! Busy but fun memories for all..momsie
Post a Comment