We are slowly, slowly making progress here. People keep asking me when I am due (which is a tricky question since I have a scheduled c-section, so now I use my c-section date: April 10!) and that reminds me of how little time we have left to finish the house. (I did mention we are on the neighborhood home tour, right? It is April 6th.) We just keep on plugging. The other day I donated over 50 books to the thrift store. We have some bi fold doors, a desk and a lamp or two waiting to go as well. I have shredded at least 10 paper bags of papers. And still I have papers to sort through! Sorting of "stuff" continues...We found 2 old cameras, a cache of memory cards (1 GB! So big!), a giant pile of maps, JT's tick vaccination passport, and much more. Today we had to prepare the bunk beds for dismantling and took the desk and shelf outside to prepare for Mr. Burli's painting party tomorrow. He finished installing the baseboards in the boys' new room, cut all the beadboard for the bathroom (so it can be painted tomorrow), patched various cracks, etc. JT put all his legos in 2 giant boxes and helped me put all my sewing scraps into a space bag. We vacuumed out the air so that I now have a large flat bag of cloth. And did I mention that the tile was finished yesterday? Thank goodness! I do not know why "Tim the tile man" made the ugly cuts around the plumbing. Two extra minutes and he could have had a few neater cuts.

Back to the blooms. We had a crazy winter storm yesterday and the yard is still sopping, but I remembered to take a few photographs before the rain and hail and wind started. First up are some sweet peas (still have never succeeded in getting them to bloom at Christmas) - and I just noticed an iris bloom coming up behind them. The greenery is also some naked ladies - beautiful greens in the 'rainy' season that die off in the summer before the stalk shoots out with its beautiful pink flowers.
Back to the blooms. We had a crazy winter storm yesterday and the yard is still sopping, but I remembered to take a few photographs before the rain and hail and wind started. First up are some sweet peas (still have never succeeded in getting them to bloom at Christmas) - and I just noticed an iris bloom coming up behind them. The greenery is also some naked ladies - beautiful greens in the 'rainy' season that die off in the summer before the stalk shoots out with its beautiful pink flowers.
The apricot tree - planted bare root last winter in the chicken's yard. It hasn't grown as much as the peach tree, so the new leaves will still have to be protected from the chickens hungry beaks.
The back garden needs to be cleaned up and re-seeded. The cilantro (here in the middle) completely fell over during the rain. The little lettuce at the front is lamb's ear grown from seeds from Germany (passed on to me from a friend.) Yum.

4 comments:
Wow! I am impressed, You are going at this remodeling full speed. It will all be so nice when it's done and you can sit back a moment and enjoy. Love, GmaH
Can you believe that one month from now you will be 'resting' in the hospital? It's looking good at your house! love, momsie
The bathroom is looking great~
the boys' room looks so big! and i love the way the tile on the floor and wall looks in the bathroom. i *almost* felt inspired, but then i looked at the crack in the plaster that's been here for the last 11 1/2 years. oops. :)
Post a Comment