Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Happy Halloween!

This year we had a Harry Potter (this time with a real tie and shirt - his painted shirt and tie from last year had already been donated to the thrift store)...



We also had a lion. A very cute lion. A lion who wanted to be a batman, then saw the batman costume and changed his mind.

Here is the gang, ready to go! (Tiny added some "blood" on his face and hands after I told him to be careful with the marker.)



The kids had all kinds of ideas for the chickens: Fluffy was going to be a goose, Carmel a duck and Thea ... maybe a macaw? Unfortunately  she looks more like a plucked chicken. Actually, I was just thinking today that if you are going to slaughter a chicken, maybe you should do it when they are molting so you have less feathers to pluck. Probably not, because they are spending a lot of energy growing new pin feathers (you can see them in the picture), so they might not be too meaty. And who could eat a cute chicken named Thea, anyways?



Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think that is a good looking bunch of trick or treaters, and Thea is just the opposite! See you soon, gma/momsie

Anonymous said...

I love the costumes. The boys look great. No, I don't think you would want to butcher a chicken when its molting. Picking out pin feathers is a lot more work than pulling the long feathers. I had a great trip to France.
Love, GmaH

Steph said...

Great costumes! I love the HP and the lion.