Saturday, April 23, 2011

Happy Easter!


The kids had fun dying eggs this week. We went with the old standby of food coloring and vinegar. Maybe next year we will try the natural dyes from foods again.


We headed over to an Earth Day festival last weekend. I am not sure that all the thousands of people were there because of any tree-huggedness, but it was a nice excuse to get out to the park.



And guess who started an after-school soccer program this week! We are very proud of JT for becoming more of a risk-taker (part of the International Baccalaureate ciriculuum). He wasn't srue he wanted to change clothes (nor do they have to), but I encouraged him to take his along and he managed to look quite sauve in his thrift store jersey!
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to Julian on going out for soccer. I'm sure he will be a good player.
Have a Happy and Blessed Easter.
Love, GmaH

just jenn said...

yay! football! orange and green!

i had to work Sunday afternoon, so i sent Jordan home with part of the eggs and dye tablets and did the other ones myself - not nearly as much fun, but at least they were dyed.

Stephanie said...

JT looks very professional there. Nice outfit!

The eggs look very nice, too. Did you do some sort of special treatmeant to get the crackle look? Or is that just how they turn out with that method?

mel said...

I haven't dyed eggs in I can't remember how long. I do remember how creative we used to get at home, fun family memories I am sure the boys will make too! And JT looks so tall in that picture!