Monday, March 14, 2011

Color Problems

We've moved onto the dining room before conquering the kitchen floor. I decided grey would be nice, but now I am having second thoughts! a. Our house is Spanish-style - does that matter? b. the hallways leading out of this room are painted a wierd shade of brown that I think we will repaint in a light yellow. However, it might not be a while till we get to painting them. Does that matter? c. This seems really cold... maybe a darker grey with less purple? (You can barely see 2 lighter shades we tried to the right of the larger area. Those were rejected as too light.)
Any thoughts?

(I have to admit, I feel silly posting this after listening to reports coming in from Japan. Ironically, we got a notice about earthquake insurance in the mail on Friday.)
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Interesting colors...are you picking out of your granite? thinking of stainless steel comparable?
Hard to tell when high up on wall due to lighting--try painting swatch more in the middle. Okay, I really don't know ;-)
And yes, the tragedy in Japan is heartbreaking.
momsie

Chris said...

i found a picture of a wall painted with one shade darker than we chose - we will pick up a sample tomorrow.

http://www.designspongeonline.com/2009/06/sneak-peek-dave-and-surya.html

it does boost my confidence a little to see someone with great taste choose a similar color scheme.

Anonymous said...

I see they did just one wall in the DR and one in the LR, with lots of white and lots of light... It will be interesting to see that color in your DR. You have a flair for decorating, and some interesting items to post about, too!
momsie

just jenn said...

seems like the gray might allow your wall art/decor to *pop* more (that's a design term, right?).

also, that steamed bread in a can sounds interesting. of course, you had all the ingredients! :)

Steph said...

What did you guys think about the earthquake insurance? We're still thinking about it.
Did you go with the gray? It lloks nice. I agree with Jenn about the wall decor popping.

mel said...

Mom told me I am to late to vote on color, but I liked the gray sample. Can't wait to see how it turned out!