Monday, November 29, 2010

Christmas Tree is Up!


(Please ignore the unhemmed curtains. One day...) We went to our favorite tree farm and cut this one Friday. It was a little taller than we realized and our new topper was almost too tall. Tomorrow I will add another string of lights - one of ours was not working when I pulled it out of the box. Oh well. (And just so you know how the laundry thing is going - we now have a functional washer but the dryer refues to cooperate. Mr. Burli is under the house checking a junction box. He also happened to notice a very corroded gas pipe. Merry Christmas to the plumbers who will have to replace that, I guess... Sigh. But the tree is lovely and we only broke 2 ornaments so far.
(Which reminds me - JT would like to have his own ornaments, too - should I try to back-buy a collection of Hallmark that started in 2005?? Suggestions? Do our male adult cousins use their ornament collections or do their wives veto that?)
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

kim said...

This adult male cousin (D)doesn't yet have all hi ornaments, some are still in Reedley. Since this wife likes a tree that has a "theme" we use the ornaments he does have in other areas to decorate. Like on our mantle. Janet said she'd get me the rest of the ornaments next time I see her so we'll have a bunch more! Your tree looks great!

just jenn said...

i think you could start with this year for JT's ornaments - maybe he can even pick the first one, so he remembers getting to do that?

oh, and male or female - any spouse vetoing use of The Ornaments is a bah-humbugger and not a proper habegger! (kim's idea of the mantel is perfectly acceptable, of course. i often use mine in places other than the 3 foot tall tree.)

Steph said...

I agree with Jenn. Spouse vetoing is bah-humug! :p

I like the idea of starting from this year. Mine don't go back to year 1, either.

LT & DT have gotten one every year. Although I didn't start until year 2 for LT, so I did have to go the ebay route. And then they discontinued it before the "5" one came out ... anyways.

Steph said...

Forgot to say, the tree looks great! :D Listening to Christmas music now, fits perfectly with the picture.

Chris said...

you commenters are too funny. good point about the other place usage of ornaments (kim and jenn). i didn't think of that. i was just picturing one of those 80s trees with all one color ornaments and bows on it. :)
now i just have to make time to find a hallmark store and go there!