Seeing as the rest of the country is blanketed in snow and we are enjoying temps in the 70s and sunshine, we had to make our own snow day! Our Austrian friends, who had been travelling around by RV for the past 2 weeks, called and we met up in Palm Springs. They got to enjoy one last day of sun as we enjoyed The Living Desert.
(Mr. Burli claimed there would be a surprise at The Living Desert - turns out they have a huge outdoor train layout.)
(Our friends who are on their way back today.)
(He pet the animals! He even brushed some goats.)
(There were so many amazing plants - I loved their assortment of thorny acacias. They had them all trimmed up nicely when they overhung the path, but extra tall guests or children riding on their parent's shoulders needed to be a bit cautious.)
(Second steepest aerial tramway in the world. Built by the Swiss, luckily.)
So, even though a certain someone complained for quite a while (and again today) that we didn't buy/take along/steal/barter for/rent/build a sled, I think he had fun, as evidenced by his great big smile! Palm Springs is sort of a decadent and yet strangely run-down town, but the aerial tramway is amazing.

3 comments:
Hey Chris, I still have no email address for you, but I wanted to let you know that part of the reason this house has gone quickly is I have reused a LOT of stuff from our old house. It took longer with the last house when we were moving from a small apt, but this time it's only been a matter of sorting out what goes where. Other than shelving and blinds I haven't had to purchase things like curtains!
I do know that there are some things that are already not quite right, but it's good enough for now. I prefer to flea market/thrift stuff and I know that it takes a long time to find the "perfect" thing sometimes!
Wow! That looks really cool. I had no idea about Palm Springs. Note to self: plan trip there.
Wow! The best of two worlds, sunshine and snow. Looks like you all had a great time. I think the deep freeze in Florida is over and the warm weather is welcomed by all. Love, gma/gtgma
Post a Comment