...is kind of dull, but since our camera is out of commission, oh well.
In case you are looking for a last minute dessert to take to a holiday party, this is pretty tasty.
Candy Cane Brownies
JT kept requesting the peppermint bark brownies at a certain coffee shop (aka "chocolate milk place"), so Saturday, at 3pm I decided to make our own for a party at 4pm. Mine were done at 4:30 because I also had to go to the grocery store and then wander around the parking lot looking for a car with 2 sleeping males in it. Unbeknownst to me, they had parked on the street, and I couldn't take the cart out of the parking lot.
Okay, here is how to make these tasty treats:
Just make brownies from a mix, substituting half the oil for applesauce, if you'd like. (Yes, I try to cook without mixes, but I don't have a favorite brownie recipe yet). I used "traditional fudge" flavor and made one package but split it into 2 servings (one 8x8 pan and one round pan).
While the brownies are cooling a bit, melt about 1 cup of white morsels (why I still call these "white chocolate" I don't know, since they simply aren't chocolate), then spread it on one of those pans of brownies. (If the brownies are cool enough and don't stick to the pan, you could even pop the whole block onto a plate.) Use more chips if you are doing the whole batch.
Then crush up a couple candy canes and sprinkle on top. Cut the brownies while the morsels are still warm enough to cut, because once it hardens, you will have to chip at them. But they are tasty that way as well.
3 comments:
Sounds yummy! We usually make a lot of desserts to give to friends and neighbors around Christmastime, and I hope to post some recipes soon.
That does sound good!
LT likes to go to the coffee place. Oops. We don't let him get chocolate milk that much anymore. Now he wants a scone.
i think because there are no pictures, we might just have to ask nicely for you to make a batch next week? just to make sure they're as good as they sound. :)
Post a Comment