Did you know that they have lots of nice kids' shoes in Germany? They do. Unfortunately, with the exchange rate, they cost a pretty penny. And by that, I mean LOTS of pennies. Like 100 dollars worth of them. (I got a good deal on an orange pair of shoes for myself, though.)
The road then brought us back to California. Er, the airplane did. Or several, actually. JT was great with the flying - until the last leg when he went beserk. I thought he would get us kicked off the plane. Finally one flight attendent came by and told him to get back in his seat and he would get something special. And he did - 5 plastic cups. This entertained him until he fell asleep.
My parents were already at our house when we arrived home, so we had a quick day of shopping for wedding clothes and presents, cleaning and visiting, before heading off to Riverside for a beautiful wedding and visits with multiudes of relatives.
And then the relatives descended upon San Diego. We went surfing, to the zoo, to the Mission for pancakes with M and JR and to George's at the Cove for some beach-view dining with L and T.
And we also had 20 people at our house for grilling. Unfortunately I did not buy enough food for so many people, so it was more of a light dinner rather than a full-blown German-style grill party. But there were some exciting games of spoons!
No comments:
Post a Comment