It is past midnight, I must get to bed. Just wanted to leave you with some entertainment. He might not be a little Mozart, but we like him!
Tuesday, March 20, 2007
It is late and I need some entertainment...
There is so much I could write about - things that have been floating around my mind as I've been grading and sitting in meetings today. Hmm, I seem to have forgotten most of them. Oh yes, one was an article in the NYTimes about a woman who found out she carries the genetic marker for Huntington's - this led me to thoughts about natural and unnatural selection and the fact that we aren't really evolving anymore, then there is talk of a doctor-assisted suicide bill in CA and this leads me to thoughts on suicide and the right to death and cultural and theological taboos on suicide; and then there is the fact that our medical system is just plain annoying. That thought stems from the fact that I have an appointment with a specialist to talk about a nodule and the very, very remote possibility that it could be worrisome. But don't worry, it surely isn't - otherwise why would I have to wait 2 months for an appointment before even scheduling the biopsy! (Or else they will say, if we had only caught this sooner...)
It is past midnight, I must get to bed. Just wanted to leave you with some entertainment. He might not be a little Mozart, but we like him!
It is past midnight, I must get to bed. Just wanted to leave you with some entertainment. He might not be a little Mozart, but we like him!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
He is certainly entertaining, and, I would imagine, a great lightener of heavy moods.
Our thoughts are with you...
xoxo
The Matix
thank goodness for the entertainment - i didn't see the article on evolution, but i wonder if evolution is like seeing someone whose hair has grown out from a short haircut since you last saw her/him. It seems like a huge difference to you, but to the person, she/he didn't even realize that it had grown so much. So maybe evolution is still happening but we don't see the gradual change before our eyes? that was my small attempt at philosophizing for the day. ;-p
Post a Comment