Friday, December 01, 2006

A Hole in the Wall

 
The plumber made a record 3 stops at our house this November. Well, once it was the handyman. He replaced the kitchen faucet and attempted to fix the shower faucet, making it worse in the meantime. (Buckets of water pouring out - I ended up turning the water to the house off most of a day and a half.) Then the plumber made a hole in the bedroom wall to fix the shower and also deposited a ton of dust in the bathroom. Then I discovered water pouring out of the side of the house. Apparently the sink drains were clogged, but the water only poured out above when the washing machine drain. When the plumber made the next whole in the wall (this time outside), he discovered a rusty, wholey pipe. Luckily, although we have had frost warnings several nights, it is not cold enough to freeze the pipes. (Back in college, I lived in an apartment with a whole in the bathroom wall and the pipes froze several times. Finally the owner set up a space heater behind the hole (he was remodeling, supposedly).
In some regards it is nice that we only rent this place, because I am glad we didn't have to see any of those plumber bills! Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Chris said...

I seem to be losing it - a hole is not a whole. Hmmm...

just jenn said...

at first i thought holey cow. then i thought wholey cow. then i thought that is one old pipe. i hope the third time's a charm and the system is ready for the holiday crowd!