Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Constituents!

 
For all my loyal readers (er, perhaps that should be singular?) who were wondering what happened to us: we took the train from San Diego to San Jose, I attended part of a conference, gave my paper presentation (and pronounced "constituents" correctly this time), and we all visited with cousin LT and his fine parents. The two boys had a blast together and consequently hardly slept, were sometimes cranky, and occasionally threw toys (well, JT threw them). JT managed to come up with some new vocabuary this weekend as well: mine, my turn, my toys, and have it were some of the less cute ones, but he also called the aunt by her real name, had a banter with LT (something about bagel and chocolate cake?), and tried to get LT to do somersaults with him. The adults also had fun - we had a good breakfast with Ms. Pac-Man one morning, rode an amazing steam engine in a redwood forest (more on that later), ate crabs and pumpkin cheesecake, and were unfortunately (or fortunately?) too tired to play more than 6 games of speed scrabble.
When I have recovered a tiny bit, I'll post some more pictures. :) Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

just jenn said...

this loyal reader is waiting on pins and needles for more pics of the boys. sounds like a very good and exhausting trip - hope y'all got to recuperate a bit on turkey day.

Steph said...

Isn't it interesting how Julian is always smiling and Lucas always looks so serious? I wish he smiled a bit more for pictures.

Thanks for visiting. It was so nice to see you all! I know Lucas loved seeing Julian!

Steph said...

Oh Shoot! I forgot to use their screen names.