Monday, October 27, 2014

Seen Around Town

Well, we made it through another week. Mr. Burli was out of town so I was pretty worn out by Friday. One of my favorite students showed to class manic (as in bipolar, off his meds), which was upsetting. I had to call the police. As an instructor, I only get a little glimpse into students' lives and then they disappear again.
Saturday I had a soccer game (lost 6-3), Sammy had piano lessons and then there was a piano recital to go to (just to watch to encourage Sammy for the next recital). Sunday we spent all morning working in the yard (planting some bananas and an orange tree, formally potted) and then headed to JT's baseball game.


His first hit! (He has been walked numerous times - kid pitchers are consistently inconsistent, but this  was the first time he really got a good hit. 


"Sasquatch selfie" in the Rolando, near their baseball field.


Prep for the Boulevard Boo parade. Can't beat a parade that starts right at the corner of our street.


JT and somne friends at a skate birthday party. We almost got some rain.


Columbus Day at the science center. Digital bugs run off the screen and up your arm.


JT helped me made an apple pie - turnd out pretty good. 


I took my students to the zoo. Hello, bonobo!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Whew! Nice round of activities! Is there cider or apple juice in the pie? When is S's piano recital? That is one big sasquatch at the ballpark! Have fun at Halloween--wonder what costumes will be worn by the others? love, gma/momsie

just jenn said...

you guys are always so busy! (and sorry about your student - hope he gets back on track)
happy halloween to the guys.

Anonymous said...

Ah, a busy family making memories! Enjoy the time spent together! How about a piano recital for the music aunt on burliblog? I'd love to hear Sammy play! When you come back to Indiana, he can play my nifty pump organ I bought at an auction! Charlie loves it! As a matter of fact, you all can play it! Love, AuntK