Sunday, September 18, 2011

Fridge

Frdige on a Sunday.

Okay, so following my cousin and sister, I will post my fridge. (Oh, another sister did one a while ago, too.)
Ours looks full, but I think that is because it is a cabinet-depth fridge and so a bit smaller. When I look in I can tell we have to go to the store for milk and yogurt (plain low fat for JT and regular plain for Tiny; almond milk for me, 2% for the boys), I need to finish making my chicken stock (in the pot. The bones are in there, too - I need to skim the fat and pull out the bones, then freeze it. Oh, and I need to freeze the corn that I cut off the cob yesterday. It is in a flat bowl balanced precariously on some condiments. I was going to put it in the stock and make a Mexican soup with the chipotles in adobo sauce (in a jar), but perhaps someone mentioned going out to eat tonight?), Mr. Burli made smoothies for lunch (need to buy more frozen fruit - one freezer drawer is usually full of bags from Trader Joe's - we use them on pancakes, in smoothies, etc.), we are low on veggies, but we get our CSA box on Thursday, and someone needs to eat those apples (we have a lot more on the table, these are the mushy ones that were attracting fruit flies). And our supply of pumpkin seed oil is running low (little green bottle on bottom right). Tiny had hand, foot, mouth virus this week - so all he ate for about 3 days was ice cream (hence the three boxes in the freezer). He had blisters all over his mouth which made it painful to eat or drink. Hmm, there is also a piece of JT's birthday cake still in the freezer - we should eat that. I neatened up the freezer after the power outage and got rid of some freezer burned veggies (and by get rid of, I actually mean "ate." Still edible if not as tasty.)
And this picture was hard to take, since our fridge doesn't have much room in front of it. (It is not a spider on the edge of the picture but the fringes of a yarn bracelet JT made me.)
Very narrow galley-type kitchen. This is a preview of the kitchen re-do. Really, it is basically done, but the shutters we had installed had to be un-installed because they were painted the wrong color!

Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The floor gives a neat perspective and this classy kitchen redo has a fridge of nourishing food--a feast for the eyes and the body.
I'm sure this floor feels good to the feet, too!
love, momsie

Steph said...

The floor looks really great! I love it!

Trina said...

Great looking floor! What are you using the chicken stock for? I have some in my freezer and am looking for new ideas. Please post on that in the future!